Home' Studies in Australia : Studies in Australia 2014 Contents 69
eDuCATion QueenslAnD inTernATionAl (eQi)
Please contact: Education Queensland International
Mail: PO Box 15050, City East, Queensland,
Queensland Government schools provide students with the best choice of study pathways, enabling
them to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals in a supportive and healthy
environment. Safety, academic excellence, natural beauty, competitive living costs and a healthy
outdoor lifestyle make Queensland the best choice for an overseas study experience. Education Queensland
International (EQI) is the Queensland Government’s dedicated team of professionals that specialises in managing
the needs of international students and their families. We look forward to welcoming you to Queensland!
• Schools offer sports such as swimming,
tennis, golf, football, volleyball, basketball
and athletics. Some also offer water polo,
sailing, scuba diving and surfing.
Facilities supporting innovative learning
• Schools have facilities such as computer
laboratories linked to university libraries,
recording studios, photographic
laboratories, multimedia technology and
Location and lifestyle
• Queensland has modern, cosmopolitan
cities and unique country towns.
• The landscape is stunning and diverse,
with national parks and World Heritage
rainforests, reefs and beaches.
• Queensland Government-screened
homestays provide a caring and safe
• All EQI international students arriving in
Queensland for the first time enjoy free
• Students receive pre-departure
orientation and school arrival orientation.
• Each EQI school has a specialised
international student support team:
• International Student Coordinator:
provides academic and pastoral
guidance to international students
and assists with school subjects, work
experience and overall student life.
Academic excellence and integrated
• 90 per cent of Queensland Government
high school students gain an offer to a
• There are strong pathways with
universities and TAFE colleges through
opportunities to study university subjects
in high school and obtain entry and
credit for university studies.
• Queensland’s internationally recognised
high school qualifications combine
theoretical and practical learning to
equip students for tertiary studies and
• Teachers at Queensland Government
high schools hold a four-year
undergraduate university degree as a
minimum qualification, and many have
• Classes are capped, with a maximum
of 25 students per class in senior high
schools and 30 students per class in
junior high schools.
• Students are encouraged to undertake
additional cultural and sporting activities
such as playing in the school band, acting
in the school play, public speaking and
debating, participating in community
service groups or playing in a sporting
• Homestay Coordinator: organises
placement and ensures students have
an enjoyable homestay experience.
• Guidance Officer: provides specialist
cross-cultural communication and
counselling, and advice on academic
pathways, career options and
• 24-hour multilingual emergency
assistance is available.
• Students can access after-school English
classes and exam support with an
English language specialist.
EQI provides the following programs and
services to more than 60 registered schools
across Queensland. Excellence Programs are
available in golf, aviation, dance, soccer,
tennis, basketball, performing arts, fine arts,
science and mathematics. Approximately
400 schools offer study tours.
The range of courses includes:
• High School Preparation
• Primary Program (Year 1 to Year 7)
• Graduate Program (Year 8 to Year 12)
• Study Abroad Program (Year 8 to Year 12)
• Study Abroad — Regional (Year 10 to
• International Baccalaureate
• Queensland Academies
• Study Tour Programs
• Holiday Adventures.
Links Archive Studies in Australia 2016 Navigation Previous Page Next Page